Project Prayer: Ramadan 2012
By Jordan Rowley
Climbing For Christ spiritual coordinator
Last year during Ramadan, Climbing For Christ offered a month of prayers for the Muslim world. We dubbed it, “Project Prayer: Ramadan 2011.” This year, for “Project Prayer: Ramadan 2012,” instead of covering specific places and peoples, we will cover more general topics and trends. But why Ramadan? We chose to specifically pray during this Islamic holiday because this is a time when millions of Muslims all over the world are fasting, praying, and seeking. Our prayer is that through this time, the true and living God would reveal Himself and move in a powerful way among Muslims. We’re also taking this time to lift up our Christian brothers and sisters who live in Muslim-majority nations and/or have dedicated their lives to reaching out to Muslims with the Gospel. Please join us in praying for the multitudes of our Muslim neighbors (many of whom still have not had an opportunity to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ), and those who are committed to serving them.
Day 1 (Friday, July 20): Ramadan
“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men.” —1 Timothy 2:1 (NKJV)
- Pray that God would use these 30 days to touch many Muslims with His truth and love.
- Pray that walls would be broken, that hearts would be softened, and that doors would be opened within individuals as well as unengaged people groups.
- Pray that many believers would join together during Ramadan for one large prayer focus to truly make an everlasting impact on the Muslim world.
Day 2 (Saturday, July 21): Satan
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.” — 1 Peter 5:8 (NKJV)
- Pray against the wicked schemes of the enemy of our souls.
- Pray against spiritual blindness, apathy, comfort, convenience, tradition.
- Pray that God would shield and shelter from the devil all of His children, and those who are seeking truth.
Day 3 (Sunday, July 22): Radical Islamists
“I am for peace; but when I speak, they are for war.” — Psalm 120:7 (NKJV)
- Pray that many of these radical Islamists would turn to Jesus for their salvation.
- Pray for the impressionable youth that are often targeted for recruitment by radicals.
- Pray that God would thwart the plans of the enemy to use these groups to produce fear and control the people.
Day 4 (Monday, July 23): Isa Al Masih
“I and my Father are One.” — John 10:30 (NKJV)
- Pray that many Muslims throughout the world would come to faith in the true Isa Al Masih (Jesus Christ in Arabic).
- Pray that in spite of what the Qur’an teaches, many would come to know Him as more than just another prophet who taught an earlier version of Islam, but as the Son of God and Savior of the world.
Day 5 (Tuesday, July 24): “Chrislam”
“Therefore ‘come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.’ ” — 2 Corinthians 6:17 (NKJV)
- Pray for the countless churches and ministries that are compromising on the essential teachings of the Christian faith for the sake of “peace” or political correctness.
- Pray that God would convict them to stand firm for the Truth, Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the many Muslims who have been taught that they can follow Christ and Mohammed would hear and heed the voice of God to serve Him alone, rather than the voice of man that says they can serve two masters.
Day 6 (Wednesday, July 25): Our God of Love
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” — John 3:16 (NKJV)
- Pray that many Muslims would be moved to learn more about our God of love.
- Pray that His amazing love would draw many souls from their works- and fear-based religion to faith and trust in Him.
- Pray that God’s servants would love their Muslim neighbors as Jesus loves them.
Day 7 (Thursday, July 26): Our God of Peace
“The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.” — Psalm 29:11 (NKJV)
- Pray for Muslims who long for the peace and assurance of salvation that Islam cannot offer.
- Pray that the millions of animist Muslims who fear the power of the spirit world would find their peace and protection in Jesus.
- Pray for the peacemakers.
Day 8 (Friday, July 27): Our God of Mercy
“Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us…” — Titus 3:5 (NKJV)
- Pray that many Muslims would trust in God’s mercy through Jesus.
- Pray that by God’s mercy, He would do what’s needed to bring many souls to faith in Him.
- Pray that even in the face of hostility, God’s people would be merciful to all.
Day 9 (Saturday, July 28): Men
“That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.” — John 1:9 (NKJV)
- Pray that many Muslim men all over the world would become followers of Jesus.
- Pray that they would then lead their families in the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
- Pray for former Muslim men to stand strong for their faith and their families.
Day 10 (Sunday, July 29): Women
“The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: 'Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.'” — Jeremiah 31:3 (NKJV)
- Pray that the Lord would reveal His heart of love and mercy to Muslim women who, in many places, are treated as second-class citizens.
- Pray that many would understand that God created them for a plan and a purpose.
- Pray for the safety of former Muslim women who have converted to Christianity.
Day 11 (Monday, July 30): Youth and Children
“O God, You have taught me from my youth; And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.” — Psalm 71:17 (NKJV)
- Pray that the Muslim youth would have access to the Gospel.
- Pray that at their young and formative ages God would speak to their hearts and they would be set free from the bondage of Islam.
- Pray the God would wrap up His created children in His loving arms.
Day 12 (Tuesday, July 31): Orphans
“I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.” — John 14:8 (NKJV)
- Pray for Muslim children who are orphans, many of whom are homeless.
- Pray that God would reveal His tender mercies to them and rescue them through His servants.
- Pray for existing (and more) Christian ministries to look after, teach and train up these children in the ways of the Lord.
Day 13 (Wednesday, Aug. 1): Local and National Authorities
“Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable…” — 2 Corinthians 13:7 (NKJV)
- Pray that these local and national powers in Muslim nations would stand up to protect the minority people and religious groups.
- Pray for protection for them against radicals.
- Pray that through their interaction with Christians, many in authority would come to trust in Christ.
Day 14 (Thursday, Aug. 2): Christian World Witness
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.” — Matthew 5:16 (NKJV)
- Pray that Christians around the globe would have a bold and bright witness to our Muslim neighbors.
- Pray that Christians would be peaceable to all men, exchanging love for hate in nations where religious hostility is present.
- Pray that many would see the good works and changed lives of Christians and seek the same for themselves.
Day 15 (Friday, Aug. 3): Challenges in Witnessing
“Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear.” — Isaiah 59:1 (NKJV)
- Pray that the mountains would be brought low and that valleys would be lifted high and that the way of the Lord would be prepared through cultural differences as well as through the hearts of Muslims who see Christianity as a “Western religion.”
- Pray that where there have been “battle lines” drawn (mentally, emotionally, spiritually, etc.) between Christians and Muslims, the Lord would remove them.
- Pray for those who afraid of the consequences of following Jesus.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for our brothers and sisters who are reaching out to Muslims in spite of the many challenges every day.
Day 16 (Saturday, Aug. 4): Opportunities in Witnessing
“Meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ…” — Colossians 4:3 (NKJV)
- Pray that the Lord would continue to provide open doors to preach the Gospel to Muslims.
- Pray that many Muslims would find themselves discontent with Islam.
- Pray that the Muslims of this technologically social and internet savvy generation would learn about and accept what Christianity truly is, rather than what they’ve heard.
Day 17 (Sunday, Aug. 5): Missionaries to Muslim Peoples and Places
“Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” — John 20:21 (NKJV)
- Pray for strength and protection for these dear missionary brothers and sisters.
- Pray that the Lord would steer many seekers their way.
- Pray that God would bless these servants with the needed provision, guidance, boldness, wisdom, etc. to do the work they’ve been called to do.
Day 18 (Monday, Aug. 6): Visions and Dreams
“And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.” — Joel 2:28 (NKJV)
- Pray that the Lord would continue to speak to (and convert) many Muslims through visions and dreams.
- Pray that those the Lord speaks to would have hearts to listen and obey His voice.
- Pray for spiritual protection for these people as they seek answers.
Day 19 (Tuesday, Aug. 7): Radio, TV, Internet and Other Mass Outreach Methods
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.” — Matthew 24:14 (NKJV)
- Pray that these resources would continue to be effective in reaching Muslims with the Gospel.
- Pray for more of these resources to be developed and established throughout the nations.
- Pray that those who are saved through these methods are able to find fellowship with other Christians.
Day 20 (Wednesday, Aug. 8): Bad Bible Translations
“Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.” — Psalm 119:89 (NKJV)
- Pray for Bible translators who are compromising on the Word of God, and removing words like “Father” and “Son” to make the Bible less offensive to Muslims.
- Pray that the Lord would convict all those who have altered His Word.
- Pray that in spite of these poor translations and their weak witness, God would draw many to Himself.
Day 21 (Thursday, Aug. 9): Good Bible Translations
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” — Psalm 119:115 (NKJV)
- Pray that the many Muslim people groups, who still do not have any Scripture translated into their language, would be ministered to.
- Pray for wisdom for all those who are called to translate the Word of God.
- Pray for more of God’s servants to take on this task of translating His Word into the remaining languages that have no Bibles yet.
Day 22 (Friday, Aug. 10): The Hard to Reach Places
“But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me… to the end of the earth.” — Acts 1:8 (NKJV)
- Pray for the millions of Muslims living in remote areas.
- Pray for a greater availability of mass outreach methods to these places.
- Pray for ministries that are working in these areas.
- Pray for the Lord to stir the hearts of His people to go to these places.
Day 23 (Saturday, Aug. 11): More Laborers
“… The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” — Luke 10:2 (NKJV)
- Pray for more Christians to pray for their Muslim world neighbors.
- Pray for more Christians to give to ministries who reach out to Muslims.
- Pray for more Christians to go to their Muslim world neighbors.
Day 24 (Sunday, Aug. 12): Former Muslims
“Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.” — Isaiah 60:1 (NKJV)
- Pray for boldness and a strong witness among former Muslims.
- Pray that God would use them and their experiences to reach many followers of Islam.
- Pray for the protection of former Muslims who live in areas that are hostile to converts.
Day 25 (Monday, Aug. 13): Seekers
“Seek the Lord and live …” — Amos 5:6 (NKJV)
- Pray that God would reveal Himself to all those who seek truth.
- Pray that the Lord would place His servants in their path, to share the truth of the Gospel.
- Pray that those who are seeking would not be led astray by any false teaching.
Day 26 (Tuesday, Aug. 14): The Burdened
“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” — Matthew 11:30 (NKJV)
- Pray for those who feel trapped in a works-based religion.
- Pray that many souls would cast those burdens at the feet of Christ, and take His yoke upon them.
Day 27 (Wednesday, Aug. 15): The Bound
“Remember the prisoners as if chained with them — those who are mistreated — since you yourselves are in the body also.” — Hebrews 13:3 (NKJV)
- Pray for those who feel that they must be Muslim, for fear of the consequences in their families, communities, etc.
- Pray for those who have been imprisoned for their faith in Christ.
- Pray for the witness of those who have been beaten or killed for their faith in Christ.
Day 28 (Thursday, Aug. 16): The Broken
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound.” — Isaiah 61:1 (NKJV)
- Pray for those who, for whatever reason (poverty, abuse, neglect, sin, etc.), feel broken.
- Pray that God would bring healing and restoration to their lives through Christ.
- Pray that God’s servants would boldly seek those who are in despair in the highways and the byways to the end of the earth.
Day 29 (Friday, Aug. 17): Liberty
“Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” — 2 Corinthians 3:17 (NKJV)
- Pray that many would hear and know the truth, and that the truth would set them free.
- Pray for Muslims who feel imprisoned by their religion, community or family.
- Pray that God would set the captives free.
Day 30 (Saturday, Aug. 18): Draw Near
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you…” — James 4:8 (NKJV)
- Pray that many Muslims would seek and draw near to the Living God.
- Pray for former Muslims and/or God’s servants to Muslims to be drawn near to God as well.
- Pray that all those who are far off and who God is calling would come to Him.
Thanks so much for praying with us these past 30 days. We’d like to encourage you to continue praying for the Muslim world throughout the year, and to join us again next year as well.
In John 14:6, Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” As Christians, if we honestly believe this statement to be true, then we must do our best, through God’s power, to share Jesus with those around us and to pray for those who have yet to believe in Him for their salvation (of course, this includes Muslims). So again, consider continuing your prayers for Muslims throughout the year, as well as joining us again next year for “Project Prayer: Ramadan 2013.” Thanks again for joining us. May God bless you and keep you in every way!